6.20.2010

How Noah Snuck up on us

Today is the 5th anniversary of the very first day that I ever saw this precious face:





Unlike Elisabeth - the timing of whose referral we could estimate with some certainty - Noah snuck up on us.

Needless to say, it was the best surprise I've ever had!



About four months after we arrived home with Elisabeth, we began the process to adopt again. It never occurred to us to adopt anything other than another little girl...NSN, AYAP (that's Adoptive-Parent-Speak for "Non-special needs, As young as possible" - thankyouverymuch).


I guess we were just totally smitten and assumed we'd adopt another little Elisabeth (but we had the name Lilli picked out this time).



AND then, June 20th, 2005 hit. We were almost done with our paperwork and would be sending it to China within a few weeks. I opened my e-mail that day and read a message from our agency announcing that pictures and info on their new "Special Delivery" children had arrived. I went to check out these precious children, but really only out of curiousity, not because I ever once thought our child was on their new Special Needs list.



But......he was.



It was literally as if the heavens opened up and shone a beam of light onto our computer screen...and I'm pretty sure I heard angels singing.

And when Jas saw and read about Gui Yu Tong, this precious little 16-month old waiting for his forever family in Changsha, Hunan, China...he felt the same way.


Noah was, obviously...a boy. WOW, I'd just never thought about adopting a boy. And - WOW - he had some interesting heart things going on. I pulled up webmd and quickly familiarized myself with Double Outlet Right Ventricle, Ventricular Septal Defect, Pulmonary Artery Stenosis, and Patent Foramen Ovale. (I talked more about his heart issues here.)

While we didn't know much about these heart conditions...or what the future held for Noah...we knew Who held the future.

And we knew that He wanted us to be the parents of this precious child...and that He would be right there walking beside us -come what may - in that future together.

3 comments:

  1. Joli, it is amazing how children sneak up on us. Monika was the only plan one for us. The other 3 especially the latest one came out of no where. God is great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post about an unexpected blessing. Kevin and I are beginning to hear God's voice directing us back to adopt a daughter - after all this household of boys!! Maybe she is older?? We will see where He leads us.

    Hugs,
    the Bourkes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Janet! I got God-bumps when I just read your comment! I pray that the Lord leads you and Kevin in His perfect will and that He brings you to one mind and gives you His peace that transcends all understanding as confirmation that you're following His will! Keep me updated!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...