3.18.2010

Sweet visitors

Monday we were very blessed to have our precious friends, Abby and her mother Carol stop by for a visit. Abby is home from college on spring break, and was able to squeeze in a visit during her very busy week.

As you can tell, Lily Kay was very taken with Abby.



And this does not happen often for Lily Kay...at least not that quickly. But Lily Kay was drawn immediately to Abby's sweet spirit.

Just like I was two and a half years ago when I first met her.



The Lord brought Abby into my life 2 1/2 years ago when I was struggling with our call to homeschool. My prayers sounded something like this: "Lord, you're not calling us to homeschool...are you? Lord, you canNOT be calling me to homeschool!"

We'd felt led to homeschool since before we even had children, but at this point in our lives we had 2, 3, and 4-year olds (and Daniel had only been home 4 months)...and I was s t r u g g l i n g.

And on THE day I most needed it (I had finally given in, given up, and taken Elisabeth to her first day of preschool), the Lord brought Abby into my life for the first time. I thought I was going to Mrs. Donna for a hair appointment, but the Lord had a "God appointment" scheduled for me...







Right there in the shop, as I cried to Mrs. Donna about what was going on, I met this precious, beautiful-on-the-inside-and-out, homeschooled high school senior who radiates light and peace and was able to articulately explain exactly why she was so glad she was homeschooled.






The Lord got my attention...He moved in our hearts, confirmed what He'd been calling us to all along. But we now had a sense of peace about it that I'd never had before.

I will always have such a special place in my heart for this amazing young woman, and I'm so thankful for the way the Lord used her in our lives.




I'm going to brag on Abby a little here, because she deserves to be bragged on (even though this will embarass her greatly): Everyone who comes in contact with this precious young lady realizes how special she is (because of whose she is!)

Abby was on the first team to volunteer at Maria's Big House of Hope in China last summer when it first opened.

And Abby is about to intern at Show Hope this summer in Tennessee, their very first intern ever. She contacted them...she just wants to see what they do...be a part of them helping orphans.




Mrs. Carol, you have done an amazing job training up this girl, and we thank you so much for sharing her with us!

2 comments:

  1. Joli,
    I am a couple entries behind, so I am going to comment all at once. It is great to hear how well Lily Kay is adjusting to her surroundings and feeling more secure that you can leave and she knows you are coming back. Homeschooling, I have friends that do it, I give you guys a lot of credit, as it is something I don't think I could do. It is amazing how God does open unexpected doors for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet girl! So glad she came into your life at just the right time!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...