2.08.2016

Miscellany Monday - February 8, 2016: Created for Care...and Jas IS a Rockstar!

Over the weekend I was (extremely) blessed to be able to attend Created for Care with three of my besties (Amy, Amy and Vicki).  It is a conference/retreat for adoptive mamas.  (Back in August when the tickets became available I had to set my alarm for midnight so I could buy some...because it always sells out within like 10-20 minutes).

It was awesome.  Amazing.  The conference itself and the breakout sessions were great.  I got GREAT (and very needed) reminders.

We had amazing times of worship throughout the weekend.  We sang praises old and new.  Two of my favorites were:







But - of course - the most awesome/amazing part was really my besties.  I am so grateful and thankful for the women that Lord has surrounding me.  We got to be together for 2.5 days (including a 10-hour roundtrip drive, and staying up until 2 a.m. talking the last night).   I don't know when I have ever laughed so hard AND cried so much in my life.  That might not sound like fun to men, but most women understand how invaluable this is!


*****************************************


And I am the lamest woman ever:  I have ZERO pictures to document the weekend.  So. lame.

(Does it give away the fact that we are all over 35 years old that we took not ONE selfie/us-ie during our trip?!?)


*******************************************



And as if I didn't already think that Jas is a rockstar, this weekend confirmed it:  Not only did he have our six kiddos, he also had Amy's four kiddos.

After buying our tickets almost 6 months ago, a few weeks ago Amy sent me a text that she wasn't going to be able to go after all because her husband had National guard duty the same weekend.

Jas very quickly and willingly agreed to watch the children (ages 5, 11, 13 and 15) so Amy could still go.

And they not only survived, but all report a wonderful weekend!  My children want them to come back...quick!


*******************************************


I have finally finished Bread & Wine that Amy gave me for my birthday.  I zoomed through the first 75% in no time...then took several weeks to finish the rest.  I didn't want it to be over.  But now it is...and I loved it.


I also loved Nobody's Cuter than You (about friendship) that Vicki gave me for Christmas, so I got Melanie's two other books through interlibrary loan.  I zoomed (and laughed me head off) through Sparkly Green Earrings (about parenting), and I am currently zooming (and laughing) through Antelope in My Living Room (about marriage). Not the most productive reading I've ever done...but the laughter has been such good medicine!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...