2.13.2015

My Valentine

While I was taking pictures before the Father Daughter Dance, I was able to snap some pictures of Jas right by himself.


At first, he didn't know I was taking them:



But then he caught on, and flashed that grin:




That grin.



That grin that I love so much.  


I have stared at this last photo so much over the past few days.  It makes my eyes well up.  It makes my heart literally ache.   


I love those mischievous eyes.  Those gray hairs.  And that shaved head.  I just love him - all of him - so much.


I love how well I know him.  And I love how well he knows me.  


I can be completely vulnerable with him...and still feel completely safe with him.  


He is the smartest person I know.  And the hardest-working.  


He knows how to make me laugh. (And does so very often.)




He knows how to help me stop crying.  (Even when he's the reason I started crying in the first place!)


We do not have a perfect marriage, because we are (SO) not perfect people.  Two sinners, making a life together - that's us.  But after almost 19 years of marriage...we've figured a few things out.  And being married to this guy is just so much better than I ever even imagined when we said "I do" all those years ago.  













Jas is going to die when he finds that I've posted this.  Excuse me while I go apologize...


Sorry notsorry, Jas!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...