5.16.2014

Links that Deserve a Look - May 16, 2014

As I read and learn new things during the week, I often think to myself, "Oh, I wish my friends could see this also!"  It finally occurred to me I could gather my favorites for the week and share the links here.  I hope you find these articles as helpful as I have!



GOOD READS:

God Doesn't Need You (But He Desperately Wants You) by Amongst Lovely Things - Stuff we know (pointing at head), but need to constantly be reminded of.  (Or is that just me???)

More than Just a Pretty Smell: The Proven Health Benefits of Essential Oils by The Prairie Homestead - I've been using essential oils for years now for all sorts of things (cleaning products, headache remedy, homemade toothpaste, etc.) and it is so nice to see them becoming more mainstream.  EOs have huge benefits!

The Thyroid Sessions "Everything Your Doctor Didn't Tell You about Thyroid Problems" is a set of FREE Online Presentations going on right now.  They will be REplaying the top 4 videos again this weekend!

Summer Reading Lists by Sonlight Curriculum - I'm always on the lookout for reading list recommendations from trusted sources.  How have I not known that Sonlight put this list out every summer???  The lists are divided into boy/girl and into elementary/middle/high school lists.  I've just requested 30+ books through our inter-library loan system...hopefully that will keep our kiddos in some good reading during our annual trip to the beach!

Large Family Crisis Reduction: Getting Ahead  by Sherry at Large Family Mothering - Smart, smart tips (from a mom with 3 times as many children as me) on how to live life without chaos, even in a larger-than-normal family.



GOOD EATS:  

And here are some links to new recipes that we've just recently tried for the first time...and loved:

Banana Bars by Real Food Forager  - these bars (and her Cinnamon version) have created a breakfast revolution at our house!  We like to add walnuts.

Cinnamon Swirl Bread by Finding My Niche - Made these for breakfast this morning...we added walnuts to this also.  Yummy enough to be a dessert, nourishing enough to be part of a healthy breakfast (along with our ever-present eggs, of course!)...winning combination...definitely a keeper.

Peanut Butter Brownies by Health, Home and Happiness - I found this recipe the other day (four ingredients, looked yummy) and I made them to take to my Homeschool moms' meeting Monday night.  Thankfully I doubled the recipe so my family got some also.  A hit all the way around!  I've already been getting requests for more.  (You can use almond butter instead of peanut butter.)

Chicken Fajita Soup by Peace, Love and Low Carb - I love all the flavors in chicken fajitas, so when I found this I thought it sounded like it would be wonderful.  I was right!  It's on the menu again for next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...