12.11.2012

The OTHER Way to Not Feel Tired

So I've been relying too heavily on coffee to help me not feel tired ever since Mr. G arrived.

And now I'm trying to wean myself from it...and while I joked yesterday about feeling foggy lately, I have actually felt fine.  Great even.  As I cut down on coffee, I'm returning to my green tea habit...which actually is very good for me so I don't feel the least bit bad about this swap.

But whether it is due to my decreased consumption of caffeine...or what...I almost fell asleep in the family room during our pre-bedtime reading last night.  I never do that.

But thankfully I didn't fight it...and when the kiddos headed to bed at 8, I headed straight to bed.  I was fast asleep by 8:05 p.m.

I felt so good when I woke up this morning.  Or, actually, when Gabriel's crying for milkies woke me up at 5:18 a.m.  And in between going to bed at 8 p.m. and waking up at 5 a.m., he also nursed at 10 p.m. and again at 1:30 a.m.

But that (broken-up) 9 hours of sleep was exactly what the doctor ordered...and I feel great today!  So, I've apparently had an epiphany: instead of trying to keep myself energized all day using caffeine, I can just make sure I actually get enough sleep at night.  I think I'm onto something here...

1 comment:

  1. I am trying to get more sleep at night, too! I am such a night owl and love the quiet time after my littles go to bed. Then I usually end up going to bed way too late and paying for it the next morning. Here's to getting rested! :)

    janet and gang

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...