7.13.2012

VBS

Our four older children have attended VBS at our church this week.  Last night was the final night...and they. have. loved. it!




Every night they have come back home busting with news and stories to share.



It was a first in that my kids attended VBS but I wasn't there working at VBS myself.  I was assigned to work in the "Babies" room.  The babies room is only for workers' babies, not the public, so there were only two babies - Mr. G and one other little girl.  BUT, the other little girl ended up not coming all week for a combination of reasons (including out-of-town grandma was in-town and wanted to spend time with her).  SO - as it made much more sense for me to watch my baby at my house instead of watching my baby up at church - I wasn't there all week.  I spent most of our evenings getting ready for our upcoming school year.  I'm not done with that (by a long shot) but it was nice to get started.



Jas, however, was up there working at VBS all week.  AND it has been a very interesting time at the bank also.  The big conversion project that prevented him from being at the beach with us for more than 2.5 (over a weekend) still has all of the employees on the run.  SO, for the past several days Jas has been at the bank before 6 a.m. (Yes, that is not a typo.) THEN, he gets home at 5:30, hurriedly gets changed, and leaves again 10 minutes later and picks up our friend Shannon and the two guys then go pick up a Silver Bullet van-load of kiddos from an apartment building and cart them to VBS.  And then they go get another load of kids.  And then he works at VBS for the next 2.5 hours.  And then when VBS is over at 9 p.m. he took two van trips of kids back home....and didn't get back home himself until closer to 10 p.m.  And then he wakes up at 4:30 a.m. the next morning to do it all again...



And he has done all this this week without one. word. of. complaint.

Do I sound like I'm bragging on this hubby-of-mine?  I am.  Unashamedly.  I happen to be his #1 fan!

So why am I showing all these seemingly random pictures?



One of the nights of VBS was "Crazy Hair" Night.  Elisabeth and Daniel were all over that.


Noah and Lily Kay?  Not so much.  They wanted no part of it.

So, no pics of them.


1 comment:

  1. Yay for VBS! My kids loved their VBS week, too! And I did, too, as a matter of fact. :)

    I've been lurking but haven't commented yet, but I had to say that my husband's job also involves bank conversions. And he's had that very same schedule many times. In fact, often he's had to man the "command" center overnight. He often works overnight on the weekend nights, so he can be home with the kids during the day. And like your husband, he doesn't complain. We've got some good men! We've also had vacations infringed upon by "the bank" so I know firsthand how that goes, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...