6.20.2012

Brave? Stupid? Crazy?

So which one am I?

Probably a combination of all three. Heavy on the crazy...and stupid.

Because? It's time for our annual trip to the beach. My mom (Lao Lao) and I and my five children we're scheduled to come on Monday. I found out Friday that mom wasn't feeling good and didn't need to come.

And the kiddos and I? Came anyway.

So I'm here with my 6,7,8 and 9-year olds...and, oh yeah...the 4-month old.

Jas normally gets to come for 4 or 5 days, but the bank is in the middle of something big (some "core software conversion" something or other...how dare they schedule this during our annual beach trip!?!?). So he only gets to be here for about 2.5 days over the weekend. He'll get here late Friday night. And then on Saturday my dear friend Vicki and her three cuties will arrive here to stay at another condo unit. And Lao Lao may be able to come next Monday.


But for now, it's just me and my five hooligans.

Well, us and like 23 other units of really sweet people. We've been coming here for years now, and are always here with the same people who have these same weeks. Everyone has now met G-man, and thinks he's as cute as we do. And multiple people have offered help if I need any.

Gabriel continues to wow us with his laid-back-ness. He has such a sweet disposition. Of course, I wouldn't/couldn't have come on by ourselves if he wasn't.

And the four older children are (as usual) a big help. Of course, I wouldn't/couldn't have come on by ourselves if they weren't.

I don't have any pictures to go with this post because I don't have the equipment I need to move pictures off my camera...and - oh yeah! - I don't HAVE any pictures to upload anyway because I've been too busy eating bonbons since we arrived. Or not. Seriously though, I haven't taken one picture yet...I hope I can squeeze a bunch of good pictures in during the 2.5 days that Jas is here.

Who has room to tote a camera around when there are 4-month olds and beach chairs and bags to carry anywhere we go?

Forgive me for complaining about our "rough" time at the beach.

And thank you for loving me right where I am right now.

2 comments:

  1. I'm soooo jealous and sooooo wishing I could be there with you guys!
    ENJOY and think of me while you are sitting on the beach!
    Hugs and love,
    Lynnea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful time and I hope all goes well with all the kiddos....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...