1.19.2012

My FIND!

I thought about making this a "Wordless Wednesday" post.

But I'm way too excited for that...I want to talk about my find!

Alternatively, I could have titled this post: "How Much Trouble Can I Get Into During Elisabeth's 30-Minute Piano Lesson?"


Let me start by explaining...

Hello, my name is Joli...and I'm addicted to bookshelves.

Every room in our house has shelves. Some we bought...some we built in.

They are so handy. Handy for displaying pictures. Handy for storing toys.


Handy for holding BOOKS! (I love books...have I mentioned that before?)

We are a homeschooling family, so our collection of curriculum books is only growing every year.

Besides that, we're a family that loves to read. (I love to read. Have I mentioned that before? And - praise you, Lord - my children now love to read also!)

At any given time, these 6 library-card-holding family members usually have between 100 and 150 books checked out from the library. Seriously.

So, when I saw this bookshelf out in front of a local little gift shop while I was running an errand in town during Elisabeth's piano lesson...I lickety-split whipped into a parking spot to go inside and see if it was for sale.


It WAS!

And....drumroll, please...

It REVOLVES!

Are we highfalutin now, or what???

The children have been having so much fun arranging our library books on it. We're able to put alot of them so that the front is displayed...but as we grow into it and need to store more books on it, we'll just turn them sideways and we'll be able to fit more on there. This thing is taller than me! We will - literally - be able to store hundreds of books on this thing.

I. am. beside. myself.



1 comment:

  1. Oh man...now I'm TOTALLY jealous. THAT ROCKS!
    LOVE it.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...