10.04.2011

Dancing at the Feet of Jesus


My beloved friend Kris "lost" her 2-year battle with cancer today.

Actually, we're the ones who "lost"...Kris won.

She is now dancing at the feet of Jesus. She's praising Him - just like she always has - but now so much closer than she's ever been before.








I am a better mother to my children...because I knew Kris Walker.


I'm a better wife to my husband...because I knew Kris Walker.

I'm a better daughter to my earthly parents...because I knew Kris Walker.

And - most importantly - I'm a better daughter to my Heavenly Father...because I knew Kris Walker.


As I left Kris' house on Friday, she told me - with tears in her eyes and a big smile on her face - that she was the "most blessed-est" person.

I disagree. All of us who knew her...we are the "most blessed-est."




Kris, I'm having trouble imagining "doing life"...without you. I can't wait to see you again, and get another one of those famous "Kris" hugs. I love you, friend.




Kristine Ruby Walker
June 22, 1966 - October 4, 2011

2 comments:

  1. All of us are better for having known her. She touched all who knew her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you as I know she was a dear friend to you.
    amy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...