11.05.2010

Scare

To post...or not to post?

This is our life with children who have special needs. This is life with children who need surgery. This is our blessed life, all of it - the good, the bad...and the bloody.



Our homeschool group met at the park this morning for some play and fellowship time. (The kids play, the parents fellowship...but that probably goes without saying.)

I heard a child screaming and even though I could tell it wasn't one of mine...I looked around out of concern for whoever it was.

But it was one of mine.

It was LK, but she didn't sound like herself...because she was hurt so badly.

She got hurt - down there - where she had surgery 9 days ago.

Blood.

Blood.

And more blood.

I headed home with LK (1 minute from park) while the other 3 stayed at the park with my friends. I called Jas and we were both thinking I needed to take her to the the ER. But then I took her inside to really check things out and see if I could see exactly what was going on.

Blood, blood and more blood.

I called our urologist - Dr. M - who performed the surgery last week.

After holding for a couple minutes when I called the main number...it finally occurred to me that Dr. M had given me her cell number and now would be a great time to pull that out.

Praise the Lord - she answered.

She offered to see LK this afternoon. But after talking a bit more, she put my mind at ease and we determined that wouldn't be necessary because...

LK had stopped bleeding...a very good sign.

Dr. M believes (as Jas had also hypothesized) that LK "popped a stitch".

We have conflicting stories from all the children about what actually happened, but it somehow involved multiple children (3 or 4?) and the slide. Whatever it was it was a bad combination and she somehow got hit/hurt down there and "popped a stitch".


I'm very thankful for how it turned out. And I'm very certain that she stopped bleeding so quickly (though it felt like an eternity to me, Dr. M said that 20 minutes is not a long time for that area to bleed) because of the prayers that were spoken over her.

Tonight, Lily Kay is no worse for the wear - but I have to admit that I feel a bit traumatized.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad she is ok! Whew! What a scare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor Lily Kay and poor Mama! So glad to hear that she is ok. I know the kids all love piling up on the slide together. I think that was a favorite activity of Arin and Lily Kay to do together :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...