11.22.2010

MORE

Now all glory to God, who is able, through His mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. (Ephesians 3:20, NLT)

This is the scripture that repeatedly comes to mind when I think about the conference. He accomplished MORE than we even thought to ask or think!


I can't wait to hear stories back from conference attendees. Stories about how the Lord led them after they attended the conference. Stories about how they answered His call on their lives...how they were obedient to do their part.


Some stories we will never fully know until we reach Heaven.


But I do know of one story already. Mine and Jason's story.


We helped put on this conference to help raise awareness of the orphan crisis...and to educate and equip believers about what they can do to care for orphans here and around the world.


It never even occurred to me how totally impacted Jas and I would be also!


The Lord has been laying something on my heart for a while now. Years, actually. But even more so the past few months.


As Jas and I discussed the conference on Saturday afternoon, I literally had to bite. my. tongue. to keep from telling him what I was thinking. I was thinking I could just tell him one time, and then be quiet and just pray, but I felt strongly impressed to not even mention it. JUST pray. If the Lord was really talking to me about this...He would most certainly let Jason know also. So I would just wait....and pray.


The Lord rewarded my obedience on the tongue-biting thing...and He didn't even make me wait long!


24 short hours later, Jas came to me. To tell me what He felt the Lord was wanting us to do now.


Guess what???


Yep, He told Jas and I - separately - the exact. same. thing.


OHHH, I love it when He does that!


It's not time to share the details yet. But I just had to memorialize this. When we step out of our comfort zone, by definition, it is not comfortable or easy. If, or actually when, obstacles and challenges come, it will be priceless to remember and know that we know that we know that the Lord called us and led us down this new path.

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...