11.01.2013

Our 8th "Noah Day"


Eight years ago we walked into a government office in China as a family of three, and walked out a short time later as a family of four.  



From the first moment I saw your precious face on my computer screen (several months before I saw it in person), until today - your heart, your intelligence, your strong-willedness - you, Noah, have grown me and stretched me.  As a mother.  As a person. As a Christ-follower. 


You continually amaze me with the things that come out of your mouth, the things you are thinking and pondering.  I have always referred to you as my little boy-man.  It is very easy to forget that you are 9-years old...and not 49.  But then something will happen that brings it back to me. A couple days ago, after we'd all just finished reading the biography of Cameron Townsend together, you said that you felt like God may be calling you to be a linguist missionary, translating the bible into the heart language of an unreached people group somewhere around the world.  And then a few hours later you said that maybe, instead, you wanted to be a famous soccer player.




Noah, I pray for you.  I pray that you know - always remember - how wide and high and deep is the love that Christ has for you.  I pray you feel that in your very depth.  I pray that you hold on to the faith and excitement you have for our Savior.  He has plans for you....good plans.  

I am so blessed to be your mama.  And I am so blessed to have a front-row seat, as we discover what His plans for you are.  









3 comments:

  1. Amen! Noah, God has already used you in such amazing ways, handsome boy! We are so thankful God allowed us to share life with your awesome family! Happy Noah Day! I hope you all enjoy this weekend! Much love, the S family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He IS a very special young man. One of a kind for sure and we love him to pieces.
    ly,
    Shan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...